Become a Reading Reimagined Educator Advisor! We highly value the expertise of our students and communities. While we will engage with many classrooms, schools, and districts across our project scope, we want a consistent group of educators to build context and advise the details over time by:
- Influencing our work from all angles, bringing the current experience of educators to the center,
- Testing key content and ensuring its applicability and efficacy early in our process, and
- Providing thought partnership and oversight on our work to ensure we are on track to key learnings to influence the field and our future product.
WHO IS RIGHT FOR THIS ROLE?
- You have deep experience as an educator, specifically working with Black, Latino, and/or Native American students and those experiencing poverty.
- You love reading and believe in its power in our schools, communities, and lives.
- You are invested in and committed to ensuring your students benefit from the literacy instruction they deserve to become thriving readers.
- You have a demonstrated track record of building productive, trusting relationships across lines of difference.
- You are naturally curious and an information-seeker. You are able to connect ideas across concepts.
- You are a skilled communicator, seeking to understand others’ perspectives and share your own in clear, respectful ways.
- Review, and provide feedback/guidance on Reading Reimagined’s’s research and development initiatives and any findings as they are available.
- Attend meetings (2-4 per year, with engagement in smaller focus groups meeting roughly once a month) to discuss our most current efforts and results, and to inform upcoming priorities.
- Serve as an advocate for our work, appearing on our website as a member of the Educator Advisory Council and, if willing, supporting other external efforts such as giving media quotations, joining panels or moderating at events, etc.
Members of the Educator Advisory Council will receive an honorarium of $2,500 at the end of the first year of service.
If you have any questions about this process please reach out to email@example.com.
To learn more about Reading Reimagined’s efforts, visit our webpage.